Eco-friendly Sticky Notes
Today's post has been inspired by Cemal Altinok , an English teacher from Turkey. A week ago he contacted me with the request to do a skype lesson with his students. He sent me a couple of photos to show what his pupils were studying at that time.
As the picture below illustrates, they were practising WORD ORDER using post-it notes.
Of course, I have used post-it notes before but I wanted to introduce them into my virtual English classroom.
MISSION SUCCESSFUL !
Luckily it didn't take me a long time to find software which I can use on my PC and create lovely Post-it notes. I came across StickyPad and fell in love with it immediately because:
- I can edit the notes: I can change their colour, the size and shape of the font
- Time and date could be added
- I can email them straight away
- They could be easily printed out
- The software is free of charge
- The less paper used in class, the fewer trees are cut down
How can we use Post-it notes in class?
- To practise Word Order
- To create a storyboard
- To identify objects in the classroom ( a picture on your screen)
- To practise Word Formation
- Word Jumbles- to practise spelling
- To match a word and its definition
- To illustrate word/sentence stress
- To brainstorm ideas
What is your favourite way to use Post-it notes?
From Russie with love