Happy St Valentine's Day
Happy St Valentine's Day, everyone. Are you going to celebrate today?
Here's 10 modern signs of true love that you can discuss with your older students.
Do you/they agree with them?
And here are ten top romantic facts...
1. A conference in 1990 defined love as, “The cognitive-affective state characterised by intrusive and obsessive fantasising concerning reciprocity of amorant feeling by the object of the amorance”.
2. Academic studies have shown similarities between falling in love and obsessive compulsive disorder, taking cocaine or eating chocolate.
3. The heart symbol for love became popular in the 15th century but may date back to the 13th.Related articles
4. European men are most likely to fall in love with women whose waist size is 70 per cent of their hips.
5. The music for the state anthem of California, I Love You California, was written by a man named Abraham Franklin Frankenstein.
6. Research in 2012 showed that when a loving couple stare into each other’s eyes for three minutes, their heart rates synchronise.
7. Research also suggests that the average person will fall in love seven times before marriage.
8. In 2014 an Arizona jail inmate was reported to have climbed two walls and crawled through razor wire to spend Valentine’s Day with his girlfriend.
9. A recent survey reported that two per cent of couples have fallen in love in a supermarket.10. Ambrose Bierce’s Devil’s Dictionary defined love as, “A temporary insanity curable by marriage”.
10. Ambrose Bierce’s Devil’s Dictionary defined love as, “A temporary insanity curable by marriage”.
Finally, don't miss our special St Valentine's Day offer.
The offer ends tonight!
Stay in love!